Arid Recovery offers internships for recent graduates looking to deepen their practical experience in ecology and conservation. This is an opportunity to work with a small team to gain hands-on experience in the spectrum of land management, ecology, research and communications necessary to advance conservation programs.
Interns assist staff in the day-to-day operations of Arid Recovery. At various times, they are supervised by the Field Ecologist and Community Coordinator, Field and Maintenance Officer, Ecologist, Reintroduction Technical Officer and General Manager doing tasks including:
- Collection and collation of ecological monitoring data (including vegetation surveys, track transects and vertebrate trapping)
- Community engagement through tours, events, market days & school visits
- Written communications and fundraising
- Administrative and housekeeping tasks
- Fence and infrastructure maintenance and feral animal control
- Opportunities to undertake independent research
Accommodation and a living allowance are provided ($75 per week, plus $25 per week for fuel), as well as a contribution towards travel to and from Roxby Downs ($600 total). Opportunities for paid casual work (tour guiding, helping on education visits) will be available.
Dates announced late 2020